Erik Pearson teaches CMC students how to play guitar, banjo, and ukulele at CMC. Erik works with students of all levels and has tried and true methods of helping students to progress.
From the series: Practice Tips from Community Music Center Faculty
Don’t bite off more than you can chew
- Don’t bite off more than you can chew.
- Maximize your focus by developing an aware mind while practicing/playing.
- Identify your stumbling blocks (passages, licks, transitions) and focus on those in concentrated bites.
- Always play in a groove, in rhythm, even if it has to be very slow.
- Work on these things and walk away for a while.
- Don’t overwrite the progress you’ve made by trying to cram a bunch of other issues into one session.
- Don’t be afraid of repetitions!
Erik teaching Sugar Babe on banjo.