Virtual Field Day: A broadcast celebrating music & community
Field Day is CMC’s annual extravaganza of music and community with a school-wide Performathon, raising money for scholarships and tuition assistance, and celebrating our beloved institution and the visionary founder behind it, Gertrude Field.
Virtual Field Day is a new frontier for us as a community. Instead of two days of non-stop performances live and in-person, Virtual Field Day will be a week long (June 1–7) festival of videos highlighting our many talented CMC students, friends, and faculty in a curated presentation on Facebook and YouTube. All Virtual Field Day performers are raising money for music scholarships at CMC.
Sponsor a performer or donate online here: https://give.classy.org/FieldDay2021
Tune into Virtual Field Day for a daily dose of music and community everyday at 12 noon, as our Field Day performers share their talent while fundraising to support access to music for everyone.
Saturday, June 5 will include a special edition of CMC Young Musicians Program performances and graduation, beginning at 11am
Tune into Community Music Center’s Facebook Page and Field Day Page to view the performances by our talented community. Be sure to “like” and “follow” to get updates.
HOW TO WATCH:
1. Watch on Facebook
We’ll post links to each day’s broadcast here as the scheduled broadcast links become available. These can be watched live during the broadcast or any time after the broadcast ends. Be sure to like and comment on the videos to cheer on your fellow performers from home! Stay tuned— full schedule details will be available in May.
Click the links below to watch the daily streams on Facebook Live. Streams will count down automatically, and you can click the blue “Watch Live Video” button to view.
- Tuesday, June 1 at 12pm PST : https://www.facebook.com/events/800409640844318
- Wednesday, June 2 at 12 pm PST: https://www.facebook.com/events/874644606596520
- Thursday, June 3 at 12 pm PST: https://www.facebook.com/events/326770755726480
- Friday, June 4 at 12pm PST: https://www.facebook.com/events/480110796660662
- Saturday, June 5 at 11am PST: https://www.facebook.com/events/481313409867536
Day 5 features the Young Musicians Program (YMP)
– 11 am: YMP High School recital and graduation, including performances with Mission District Young Musicians Program (MDYMP)
– 12 pm: YMP Middle School recital
- Sunday, June 6 at 12 pm PST: https://www.facebook.com/events/843027346294443 (featuring CMC Merit Scholar performers)
- Monday, June 7 at 12 pm PST: https://www.facebook.com/events/3065481040405493
2. Watch on our website
If you don’t use Facebook, or missed a broadcast, check out our Field Day Broadcast page on our website where you can relive the music all in one place.