CMC is excited to participate in KQED Live’s Night of Ideas, a free celebration of critical thought and creative expression!
Exploring the theme “(Re)building Together: Where Are We Going?“, this unforgettable evening of talks, art, music and community invites us to consider a world that is still reeling from pandemic, global conflict, and climate disruptions, while daring us to find hope in the future. How do we heal ourselves and our communities from this collective trauma? How can we dismantle systems of oppression and (re)build our institutions to meet the pressing needs of our time? How do we fortify our democracies and stave off authoritarianism? What ideas will carry us forward to a brighter tomorrow?
- Anuradha Mittal, Executive Director, Oakland Institute
- Bay Area Theater Cypher
- Bruce Cain, Senior Fellow of the Woods Institute for the Environment & Political Science Professor, Stanford University
- Deanna Van Buren, Design Director, Designing Justice
- Debbie Lum, Filmmaker and Director of TRY HARDER! and Rachael Schmidt, documentary participant
- Jacqueline Fabius, Chief Operating Officer, Quantitative Biosciences Institute – UCSF
- Jeff Chang, Author & Senior Advisor, Race Forward
- Julie Owono, Executive Director of Content Policy & Society Lab, Stanford Center on Philanthropy and Civil Society
- Lil Milagro Henriquez, Executive Director & Founder, Mycelium Youth Network
- Mathieu de Fayet, Chief Innovation Officer, SUPERBLUE
- San Francisco Community Music Center
- San Francisco Girls Chorus
- Sharaya Souza, Executive Director & Co-Founder, American Indian Cultural District
The event will also feature a sampling of SFMOMA’s Soapbox Derby cars created by local artists and a bar in the station’s lobby for those who want to watch on the lobby media wall and imbibe at the same time. Before the main program, from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m., join Creativity Explored for tours of artwork installed at KQED featuring neurodiverse and disabled artists working in their San Francisco studios. Be sure to drop by the Creativity Explored table in the lobby to meet an artist, shop for art, and learn more about their life-changing programs.